The W T S Dhruva Story
W T S Dhruva Consultants
W T S Dhruva Consultants is a part of Dhruva Advisors LLP, a boutique tax and regulatory services organization. At Dhruva we work closely with regulators on policy issues and with our clients on tax advocacy and advisory matters. Dhruva Advisors LLP is headquartered in Mumbai-India, with 8 offices pan-India and globally, including Dubai and Singapore. Globally, we are a team of approx. 300 Tax Professionals comprising of Chartered Accountants and Tax Attorneys, led by 16 Partners. Over 35 of these key Tax Specialists are based in the GCC region itself. We are a member firm of W T S Global, a network of selected tax and specialist regulatory organizations that operates in more than 100 countries. W T S members have won various global accolades, including European Tax Awards and Asia Tax Awards.
- Partner driven services
- Proactive ideation to mitigate risk in an increasingly VUCA environment
- Strategic approach to complex problems
- In-depth, specialised, robust and knowledge centric advice
- Strong track record of designing and implementing pioneering solutions
- Trailblazers in tax controversy management
- Long history of involvement in policy and advocacy
- Dhruva Advisors has been recognised as Top Tier Firm for Tax by ITR World Tax for 2022.
- Dhruva Advisors has been recognised as Top Tier Firm for Transfer Pricing by World TP for 2022.
- Dhruva Advisors has been consistently recognised as the “India Tax Firm of the Year” at the ITR Asia Tax Awards in 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 & 2021.
- W T S Dhruva Consultants has been recognised as the “Best Newcomer Firm of the Year” at the ITR European Tax Awards 2020.
- Dhruva Advisors has also been recognised as the “India Disputes and Litigation Firm of the Year” at the ITR Asia Tax Awards 2018 and “India Tax Disputes Firm of the Year” at the ITR Asia Tax Awards 2020.
- W T S Global named European Indirect Tax Firm of the Year at International Tax Review’s European Tax Awards 2018.
- W T S Global awarded European Indirect Tax Firm of the Year 2017 at International Tax Review’s European Tax Awards 2017.
- Awarded Asia Tax Policy Firm of the Year 2017 at International Tax Review’s Asia Tax Awards 2017.
- Recognised as a Top Ranked Firm by Global Chambers and Partners.
UAE is a hub of several eminent and prestigious global brands finding their space in the world-class malls or available ‘on-the-click’ through e-commerce. From the glittering world of fashion and apparel to the innovative world of electronic products bringing the change in our life, we have advised the diversified family groups and multinational companies having presence in the retail segment on a range of VAT matters, including advising on complex arrangement that are typical of retail sector.
Real Estate & Construction
UAE is one of the largest construction markets in the GCC region and is expected to grow with the prospect of Dubai Expo 2020 and beyond. There are various projects at different stages of completion across UAE in line with country’s economic diversification goals in the areas of transportation, education, etc. We have been advising top tier construction companies as well as pioneer and largest master developers on VAT issues relevant to their sector.
UAE is the regional hub for leisure travelers as well as business persons for meetings, conventions, exhibitions, etc. There has been a tremendous growth in terms of people visiting UAE year-on-year due to significant new tourist attractions, traditional Arab hospitality, highly developed infrastructure and many other reasons. We have the experience of working with leading luxury and business hospitality chains and assisting them with VAT, Excise and the other unique tax challenges of the industry.
Transport & Logistics
UAE is fortunate to have a strategic location between the east and the west coupled with strong offerings by the free zones, massive investment in the transport sector, state of the art infrastructure and with ease of doing business in UAE the Logistic sector has bloomed in UAE. We have unparalleled exposure in addressing both customs and VAT complexities for integrated shipping and logistics service providers by being associated with world-class logistics and associated services provider.
With over 200 nationalities in UAE, providing world-class healthcare services is one of the six pillars of the National Agenda of UAE, which is also in line with its “Vision 2021” plan. The National Agenda emphasizes on preventive medicine and efforts to reduce and cancer and lifestyle related diseases. We advise some of the largest healthcare providers and regulators in the UAE on tax matters related to this sector which is critical to the UAE economy.