View Profile

Company Formation

W T S Dhruva Setting Up Services

Foreign investments could be made in either the Mainland UAE or in any of the 45+ free zones spread strategically across the state. While a Mainland UAE set-up allows you to cater the local market, it restricts the foreign ownership to 49% (remaining 51% shares need to be held by a GCC national). However, the recent introduction of the foreign direct investment law (‘FDI law’) allows 100% foreign ownership in certain sectors subject to some criteria’.

On the other hand, free zones already extend 100% foreign ownership with specific distinct regulations, incentives and costs across different free zones. Certain free zones promote sector specific investments while others are designated for VAT exemptions.

What we do?

  • Assist in getting a local presence through a structure that achieves a company’s business goals and is in compliance with local regulations.
  • Evaluate the feasibility of setting up a Mainland UAE Branch / Mainland UAE LLC / FZ branch / FZ Company to undertake the proposed activities.
  • Analyze different investment zones and corresponding requirements, providing different options for companies to choose from. It is highly recommended to carry out a feasibility study/analysis prior to proceeding with the registration process in order to identify the most suitable investment zone depending on the requirements of the company.
  • Registering the entity and obtaining business licenses, as well as support with registrations with other authorities like – Dubai Municipality, Dubai Customs, etc.
  • Assist with helping you get the necessary employment visas, work and residences permits in the UAE.